Friday 18 March 2016

Day 1 Kitchen!

Okay friends please bare with me as I am new at "blogging" :)
My plan with this blog is to share my cleaning experiences with anyone who is interested in a cleaner
chemical free life!!!

   I have spent a great deal of my life where actual cleaning has been my profession! My first official job was as a restaurant dishwasher where I spent hours washing dishes, scrubbing boiled over pots and washing floors. Next came my job as a housekeeper at WCFC (West Coast Fishing Club); here I was responsible for cleaning guest rooms, bathrooms, lodge common areas and staff quarters daily. In 5 years at WCFC I tried so many cleaning products and the only thing I could say for sure was that bleach worked... However it also worked at destroying my hands, my sinuses and the septic system! Lastly my current profession and a huge passion of mine... Nursing; I clean my patients bodies, rooms, bathrooms, the nursing station, hallway, common equipment, etc!
   So with all of this cleaning experience what have I been cleaning my house with up until now..... Whatever was on sale! I tried to avoid looking at the chemicals and bonus points if it smelt pretty! After I got pregnant I became more health conscious and tried to get cleaning products without chemicals... I got talked into some product at CanadianTire that I could clean anything with and it would be safe if I accidentally injested it... In Jps words "I was taken for a ride"! Sure it smells pretty but does it work? No.
   At about 8 months pregnant a friend at work was talking about her cleaning lady and i quickly got her information! (The nesting bug had set in and I was neurotic). I learned that she used a chemical free cleaning product and I was wow'd the first time I looked at my stove top and my hardwood floors! This was my introduction to Norwex! I didn't give much more thought because it wasn't me doing the cleaning however people would visit and ask what I use on my floors and I would through the term "Norwex" around not really understanding it.
   A couple months ago Jp and I decided that I once again would need to become the cleaning lady as we needed to save some money. I was so disappointed to attempt to clean my house with my old products and not get the same results as Claire had!
   Jp and I were at the home show in February and I was drawn to the Norwex table where I met Michelle who suggested I host a party to both learn about the products and to get free host specials. I was wary as I did not want to be "that friend" however so many of my friends seemed interested in the products so I set a date!
   We had a great turn out and our Norwex Rep. Michelle did such a great job explaining how the products worked that we all wanted to own the entire line!!!

   The Norwex microfibre clothes have a MUCH tighter and stronger weave than your average cloth-this is what ensures the dirt/bacteria is picked up. To make the product even more desirable it contains silver!!! Silver is antimocrobial which means bacteria has a hard time growing on it!
To simplify it more-the gross smell that your bathroom and kitchen cloths get after you have used them... Well that is bacteria/mildew growing on them! Norwex cloths don't get the smell because of the silver!
 
   Today everyone's products arrived!!! I was so excited when I was sorting everyone's bags knowing that we would all be able to learn about the products together!! I started playing around with the clothes and then went to the cleaning paste and then to the dusting mitt... SO MUCH FUN! Ok ok I realize not everyone finds cleaning fun like I do! But when something works and you know it's safe for your baby, your family, your friends... You can't help but love it!

I used a wet EnviroCloth followed by the dry Window Cloth on my fridge and stove (brushed stainless steel). I used the Spirisponge and Cleaning Paste on my stove top and in my sink. I then cleaned all my counters and cupboard doors with my kitchen cloth. Lastly I dusted my kitchen baseboards and my blinds with the dusting mitt. All of the products did exactly what they were supposed to and I find myself trying to find jobs to "out smart" the products!

Thanks for sticking it out! The next one won't be nearly as long! I have many more products to share with you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog Jen! You are welcome to come test those products on my house any time ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Supposed to be smiling winky face not question marks)

      Delete